Monday, January 19, 2009

Cytherea


Cytherea,
I smear the sky of distant rivers in grey
and carve the black boulders of cloud in its womb.


do you see the golden boat still surfing in the west
as darkness befalls?


do you see the necklace I weaved of diamonds
still hanging in its breast?


while you sing the rhapsody of love and sacrifice
I poison the cataleptic poet residing in my soul
with the selfish thoughts


money
coins
lust and desire ,


and smother it into a silent death…


the forlorn seduction of the
evening jazz ,


the story of the naked whore
writing letters to her midnight lover,


the hunt for the passwords of hidden treasures
beneath the lines of lost highways

doesn’t excite me anymore
.

3 comments:

  1. Hi This is geart work and it was nice coming over 2 ur blog.
    Surprised 2 c my blog on your list.How did u find it?Do visit www.deepteshpoetry.blogspot.com and leave ur comment on my recent poems.U can also mail me at the address on my profile.

    Deeptesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yeah I was there at Srijan last year and hope 2 c u there the next time around.Do let me know and leave behind a note on my mail when u post something new.I liked ur metaphors too,esp 'the forlorn seduction of evening jazz'. But the lines towards the end all run in the same vein-the lines are very nice but at times knitting them thru' ideas to maintain a continuity changes the style.The last line is very good but the end could have been more powerful like ur beginning.
    And did u actually go thru' my poem before u added my blog to ur list?It would be nice to keep in touch with u and hear from u.

    Cheers,
    Deeptesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Patrice Lumumba's Africa...
    Kudos

    ReplyDelete